Springtime Is A Great Time To Think About Pest Control For Your Baltimore Home
March 20, 2023
Now that the snow is starting to melt and the temperatures are getting warmer, it is time to dust off your flip-flops and shorts and enjoy the outdoors again. Humans and pets aren't the only ones getting more active this time of year; many pests are leaving their nests to explore and enjoy the warmer temperatures as well.
If you are worried about seeing dangerous and annoying pests around your home, ATC Pest Control is here to help. We have provided pest control in Baltimore for over a decade, and we understand how to locate and eliminate the different types of pests commonly found in this area.
Like Many Things, Pests Become More Active In The Spring
Many pests do not like cold temperatures. During the winter, they will find a warm place to hide and wait out the frigid temperatures. Once the temperatures start to warm up, they will come out of their hiding spots to look for food and water.
Springtime is also the mating season for many pests. This is the time when several different animals will start to reproduce. If pests find their way into your home or on your property during this time of year, they could use your property as a place to create a new nest, increasing your chances of having a pest infestation in your Baltimore home.
All The Issues Pest Infestations Can Cause In Your Home
Starting at the end of March or the beginning of April, many pests will become more active and could start to hang around your home more often. Some of the most common types of pests that you should look out for include:
- Termites: These tiny insects become extremely active in the spring. You will usually see winged termites, also known as swarmers, flying around your property in the spring. The swarmer termites are looking for a place to build a new colony and are an indication that you already have a termite infestation close by.
- Rodents: Rats, mice, and moles can be extremely destructive. Mice and rats will sneak into your home and destroy anything that is not made of metal or glass. They can also invade storage buildings, barns, and garages. Moles stay underground, but they can ruin your new plants and flowers by digging long, elaborate tunnels under the surface of the soil.
- Spiders: The black widow and the brown recluse are the only types of spiders that are considered to be dangerous in Baltimore. However, because spiders like to eat small insects, like beetles, roaches, and ants, having spiders in your home could indicate that you have an insect infestation in your home as well.
There are many pests that will try to make their way into your Baltimore home. If they are successful, they could be hazardous to your health and cause damage to your home.
Natural Pest Prevention Tips For Your Home
If you are looking for an easy, hassle-free way to control pests and keep them out of your home, consider doing the following:
- Keep your lawn well-maintained and clutter-free.
- Don't place your outdoor garbage cans too close to your home and make sure to cover them with tight-fitting lids.
- Make sure that your window and door screens are not damaged or torn.
While these methods work most of the time, they may not offer 100% protection against an infestation. The best way to ensure that pests stay out of your home is to have it treated by a professional pest control company.
The Advantage Of Professional Pest Control For Your Home
If you are looking for an easy way to keep bothersome pests out of your home, give us a call today. At ATC Pest Control, we have several home pest control options that will fit your needs and your budget. We design all of our pest control solutions to both eliminate and prevent infestations in your Baltimore home. Contact us today to receive your free estimate!