The Best Pest Protection Solution For Baltimore Businesses
February 28, 2023
Having any type of unwanted pest in your business can ruin your reputation. Whether it is a tiny insect, like an ant, or a large rodent crawling through your establishment, all pests can cause damage to your building and could even create an unsafe work environment for your employees.
At ATC Pest Control, we are a locally-owned and operated company that has years of experience eradicating all types of pests. Our Baltimore pest control specialists know the best commercial pest control solution for your property.
Common Pest Problems For Baltimore Businesses
There are many types of pests that call Baltimore home. Some of the different types of pests that you are most likely to see around your commercial property include:
- Stinging insects: Just the sight of bees, wasps, and hornets swarming around your building is enough to make your customers not get out of their cars. Because most stinging insects will build their nest on the outside of buildings, these scary bugs could be the first thing customers see when they pull up to your establishment.
- Rodents: Rats and mice are both dangerous and destructive pests to have around. They are known to spread a variety of illnesses, which could include hantavirus, tularemia, rat-bite fever, and trichinosis.
- Cockroaches: These filthy bugs can carry and spread a wide range of diseases. If you come into contact with their urine or droppings, you could be putting yourself at risk of catching dysentery, cholera, salmonellosis, and other dangerous illnesses.
Some pests are more active in the summer, while others will continue to wreak havoc on your business during the winter. This is why year-round commercial pest control is recommended for most Baltimore businesses.
All The Ways Pests Can Damage A Business
Pest cannot only ruin your reputation, but it can also ruin the structural integrity and safety of your commercial building.
If you have rodents in or around your property, you could end up having a lot of costly repairs in a short amount of time. These destructive creatures can chew holes in furniture, walls, food, and other objects. They can also destroy the protective sheath around the electrical wires in your building, causing a potential fire hazard.
Termites can cause damage to your property as well. If your commercial building has a wooden frame, termites may build their nests inside the wooden beams and studs. While it usually takes quite a while before termites cause significant damage, their small size and ability to live inside wooden structures allow them to go for a long period of time without being detected.
Practical Pest Prevention Tips To Implement In Your Business
Some things that you can do to prevent pests from invading your commercial property include:
- Don't leave your back doors open for too long. If you use large bay doors for loading and unloading merchandise, make sure that they are completely closed after each use.
- Don't keep the dumpsters too close to your business.
- Make sure to empty outdoor trash cans regularly.
- Don't leave open food containers lying around for long periods of time.
You should also thoroughly inspect the exterior of your building. Make sure that there are no holes or cracks in the walls. Some pests are able to fit into tiny openings, so make sure to seal up gaps and cracks of all sizes.
The Best Control Solution For Your Business
If you are looking for a comprehensive and customized commercial pest control solution for your Baltimore business, look no further than ATC Pest Control. We have been providing residential and commercial pest control in this area for over a decade. Give us a call today to see how we can help save your company's reputation.